Pain and anxiety have always been linked to dentistry. One out of three patients is afraid to visit a dentist because of fear or trauma. To aid in painless dental procedures, Keep 28, a Newmarket dental clinic offers sedation dentistry.
Anxiety or fear of visiting a dentist may be caused by:
- A bad experience in visiting a dentist in the past
- Fear of needles
- The bad taste of dental materials
- Fear of undergoing procedures
- Difficulty in keeping still during a procedure
Painless dentistry in Newmarket is possible through sedation
- Minimal Sedation – It is the lowest level of sedation in dentistry. Nitrous Oxide gas is used. It is administered through a breathing mask. It is known to be a “laughing gas” and allows the patient to relax. This type of sedation wears off quickly.
- Moderate Sedation – This is also known as oral sedation where the patient is given a pill (usually Halcion). Patients usually fall asleep during or after the procedure. It may make your words sound garbled, with you not remembering most of the procedure.
- IV Sedation – This is administered through an IV drip and immediately takes effect. The dentist closely monitors the dosage continually.
- Deep Sedation and General Anesthesia – This the heaviest form of sedation. It will completely put the patient to sleep during the procedure and may even continue after the procedure.
The Newmarket dental clinic uses different sedation techniques to make dental visit less frightening. Regardless of the sedation that will be used for the dental procedure, it will still be paired with a topical anesthetic. It will numb the specific area your dentist is working on.
Painless dentistry in Newmarket is made possible through sedation to keep your anxiety at bay when undergoing dental procedures. This means your dental appointments at the Newmarket dental clinic no longer need to be scary.