December 27, 2018/ Dr. Neal/ 0
Dental veneers costs, procedures, and benefits are things to take into consideration if you’re getting veneers for the first time. It is good to have a clear overview of what it is before proceeding.
Getting veneers is a procedure done under cosmetic dentistry. This refers to dental works at the dental office in Newmarket that improves the appearance of your teeth and gums. They improve your smile’s appearance and focuses on the aesthetic side of dentistry.
What are veneers?
Veneers are wafer-thin shells that fit the surface of your teeth. They are ideal for discolored, chipped, worn-down, and uneven teeth. The dentist can also fix gaps between teeth through veneers.
Dental veneers costs
Porcelain veneers cost between 1,220 CAD and 3,300 CAD per tooth. They can last for up to fifteen years.
Composite veneers cost between 330 CAD and 1,975 CAD per tooth. This type of veneer can last seven years.
Dental veneers costs no more than 3500 CAD. This price can still go down with dental insurance.
There are many factors that can affect the cost of dental veneers.
- The dental fee of the cosmetic dentist for the whole procedure
- The fee of the ceramist who will create the veneers
- Different locations provide different rates
- The number of teeth needing veneers
- The material used in making the veneer
On your first dental appointment at the dental office in Newmarket, your dentist will examine your teeth and take x-rays of it. You will also decide on the material of your chosen veneer. Veneers comprised of resin composite is cheaper. Porcelain veneers look more natural on the teeth and resist stains better.
The dentist will prepare your teeth for the veneers when you come back for the next dental appointment. He will remove half a millimeter of your teeth’s enamel. Being given local anesthesia during the procedure is an option you can talk about with your dentist. The dentist will send an impression of your teeth to a dental lab. You will receive temporary veneers for the meantime till your third visit.
Your third visit will be the time that your dentist bonds the permanent veneer to your teeth. Before bonding, he will clean, polish, and etch the teeth. He will also make sure that the veneers fit, and that you’re both happy with how it looks. After necessary adjustments, he will bond the veneer to your teeth using a special light to cure the cement.
Benefits of getting veneers
- Getting dental veneers costs less than the procedures you will need to fix your teeth with issues not addressed at once
- They conceal teeth stains and chipped teeth
- You can easily clean them through brushing. Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant
- Veneers fix the gap between teeth without surgery
- No one will know that you have veneers because they match your teeth’s color
Having veneers boosts confidence on your smile
- Consult with your dentist at the dental office in Newmarket if you think that this is right for you.
Consult with your dentist at the dental office in Newmarket if you think that this is right for you.