You need dental veneers to improve your teeth’s appearance after they go through several changes. Veneers are dental laminates made from porcelain that cover your teeth’s imperfections.
How dental veneers transform your smile?
Whitens your teeth
Through the years, your habit of smoking, drinking coffee, tea, soda, and wine cause your tooth enamel to be stained. While you may undergo teeth bleaching, some deep stains may not be removed. Hence, your cosmetic dentist would recommend porcelain dental veneers. Furthermore, porcelain veneers are resistant to stains once they’re cemented to your teeth’s surface. You’re sure to have bright smiles!
Improve the shape of your teeth
You’re one of those who watch what they eat and practice great oral care ever since. You seem content with your pearly whites, but not all your teeth are perfectly shaped. However, you can trust that dental veneers are here to save the day. Consult with your cosmetic dentist if you can have partial or full veneers. He will expertly enhance the look of your ill-shaped teeth and give you a stunning smile. Most of your teeth don’t need veneers. He’ll only enhance what needs improvement so it complements with your natural teeth.
No more gapped or broken teeth
When you have a gap or space between your teeth, you don’t have the confidence to throw a big smile. Diastema, or the gap from one tooth to another, is easily addressed with cosmetic teeth veneers to close the gap.
Meanwhile, when you accidentally munch on hard food and your front teeth broke, porcelain dental veneers are your perfect options. They replicate your natural teeth without having an artificial look. Moreover, some clinics can craft veneers on the same day, so you won’t go home with that broken front teeth.
How are dental veneers made?
Traditional dental veneers are crafted after the first visit, and are bonded on your teeth on the second visit. To give you a picture of how that happens, here’s what you can expect during the two dental visits.
- The dentist will examine your teeth to see if veneers suit your dental case. Once you are a good candidate, he recommends dental cleaning first, and determine how many veneers would be needed.
- Next, he administers local anesthesia to make you feel comfortable when he prepares your tooth. After you feel numb, he removes about one half millimeter of your tooth enamel. This is the same size of the veneer that will be placed on your tooth surface.
- Then, he takes an impression of all the teeth that will receive veneers and send them to the dental laboratory. A dental technician will craft your permanent veneers.
- Meanwhile, temporary veneers are placed on your teeth to protect your teeth from bacteria. Also, this gives you an opportunity to experience how it is when you will be wearing your permanent veneers. If they don’t fit right, or you are not satisfied with the color, inform your dentist right away. He will make adjustments to ensure that your permanent veneers are perfected to give you ultimate satisfaction.
- The cosmetic dentist removes your temporary veneers and cleans your teeth to prepare them to receive porcelain dental veneers.
- He places the veneers on your teeth first to check the fitting and shade to see if they complement with your organic teeth.
- As soon as everything is good and you both agree to the appearance, he bonds the veneers.
- He cleans, polishes, and roughens every tooth surface that will receive the veneer.
- He applies a special bonding agent to the veneer and expertly places it on top of the tooth enamel.
- He uses an ultraviolet light to harden the bonding agent as quickly as possible.
- He removes any excess of the bonding agent between your teeth and gums. He checks your bite and makes adjustments when necessary.
- He will schedule a follow up visit after two weeks to monitor how your gums are responding to the treatment.
Take advantage of dental veneers in Newmarket, Ontario and give yourself a smile transformation.